5 Ambergris Caye Experiences Guaranteed to De-stress You!
Even a few days away from stressors can put a positive spin on the world, and spending time in Belize at the Villas of Banyan Bay, may be just what the doctor ordered. This lovely resort, located on Ambergris Caye, has all of the serenity you seek, and if you can take advantages of seasonal discounts during low season, even your wallet will smile. What to see and do while on this vibrant island? Start with our five suggestions. If you have time remaining after checking all of them out, Banyan Bay staff can set you up more adventures. Stress? Not on their watch!
1. Belize fishing vacations. San Pedro Town is your gateway to the most extraordinary fishing in the Caribbean, so this is your chance to relax big time while using equipment supplied by onboard charters arranged by your Banyan Bay hosts. What can you catch in what might be called Angler’s Heaven off the coast of Ambergris Caye? How about Snapper, Wahoo, Marlin, Barracuda, King Mackerel, Tarpon and more. Don’t forget to have the crew take photos of you and your catch.
2. Belize scuba diving trips. In 1996, the United Nation declared the Belize Barrier Reef a World Heritage Site because it’s home to 400 species of fish and 70 types of coral. Who knew that many types of coral existed? Not you. The reef is a popular destination for divers and snorkelers and it’s only a quarter mile off Ambergris Caye, which is why you can see the reef from the beach. Arrange with Banyan Bay’s excursion booking team to secure your boat, crew, equipment and picnics for an unforgettable day on the water.
3. Explore San Pedro town. Some visitors to San Pedro prefer strolling this lively town to non-stop aquatic adventures because they can’t get enough of the exotic mix of shops, eateries, boutiques, businesses, hotels, resorts and watering holes. Getting around town is as easy as asking the folks at Banyan Bay to reserve a golf cart for you if you don’t want to walk the short distance to town because you plan to shop your heart out. Rent a golf cart for any length of time one’s required: hours, days or a full week.
4. Discover Mayan sites. Book a guided trip to visit Marco Gonzalez, a historic Mayan site. This ruin happens to be unique, because while most Mayan villages and ceremonial sites are located in mainland Belize, the Marco Gonzalez site was the first national reserve unearthed that’s located on one of Belize’s offshore cayes. At 2,000 years old, this attraction is close enough to visit on the same day you dive or snorkel. For directions or to secure a guide, consult the Banyan Bay concierge.
5. Dine the night away. Imagine not having to roam too far from your luxury accommodations at Banyan Bay to dine like royalty. Pier 366 Seafood House feeds the stomach and the senses, which is why visitors staying elsewhere dine here. Sit at the edge of the ocean and count the stars in the night sky. Try the ceviche, stone crabs and fresh fish or request Rico’s Surf and Turf served accompanied by the chef’s secret sauces. Desserts are mouthwatering, but if you’re too full, don’t despair: Return the following morning for Eggs Benedict Royale and then ask if there’s dessert left over from the previous night! You’re on vacation, remember.