10 Reasons Why You Have to Vacation in Ambergris Caye
We don’t have to tell you that Belize is hot because it’s the reason people keep returning. Belize has its own unique, vibrant, lively epicenter on Ambergris Caye, which is why this hot spot won a 2016 World Travel Award and was named the Leading Destination in the Caribbean. Year-round weather perfection can’t be discounted, nor can the social scene where there’s fun in the sun—and even more fun by night. Need more convincing? How about 10 reasons to visit Ambergris Caye this month?
1. If you love to fish, see how Belize’s current TURF program is revolutionizing the sport of fishing. Thanks to zoning restrictions, Belize waters are home to an abundance of fish, so whether you want to bag the catch of a lifetime or just chill out on the deck of the boat, you’ll enjoy every minute.
2. November on Ambergris Caye remains affordable. Stay at a resort like the Villas at Banyan Bay until mid-December at reduced rates and you might qualify for a fifth night free if you book a four-day stay in a luxurious suite.
3.Celebrate holidays on Ambergris Caye in unique ways by attending the Battle of the Drums, Garifuna Settlement Day or have a delicious Thanksgiving dinner that’s cooked Belize-style. November holidays are the perfect pairing of celebration, history and culture.
4. Rediscover romance on Ambergris Caye. Savvy travel agents recommend the island to couples for their weddings, so what better place to fall in love all over again as well? Hit the hottest bars. Swim together. Dine at hot spots. Walk the beach hand-in-hand. If you can’t reconnect here, you can’t reconnect!
5. Go bar hopping with the in crowd. Poolside bars are trendy and you’ll meet fascinating people from all corners of the earth, so indulge in a pub crawl that includes Cococabana Pool Bar, Katanga Beach Bar and Crazy Canucks Beach Bar. Want to keep going? Ask patrons to make suggestions!
6. Show off your athletic prowess. Ambergris Caye is a wonderland of athletic adventures, so whether you are eager to learn something new–from cave tubing to scuba and deep-sea diving following by heart-stopping zip line time–you won’t find a better place to test your mettle.
7. Meet Ambergris Caye’s earliest inhabitants. No joke. From ceremonial relics to skeletal remains of Belize’s first Mayan residents, experience the wonder that is Belize’s heritage. Excursions to nearby ruins range from spectacular villages to spooky caves. Ask Banyan Bay staff to arrange your tour.
8. Eat your way across Ambergris Caye. Award-winning restaurants that make the pages of high profile gourmet and travel magazines are everywhere on the island so even if you stick around for weeks on end, you still won’t have tasted all of the culinary surprises that await.
9. See Belize’s greatest natural treasures. Proximity to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, the Great the reasons so many guests choose to stay on Ambergris Caye. Banyan Bay staff can arrange these excursions for you in minutes.
10. Explore Belize’s cultural scene. Visit art galleries, museums and quaint shops. Include on your itinerary the Belizean Melody Art Gallery, Ambergris Museum & Cultural Center and the Black & White Cultural Center to learn about Belize’s deepest roots. Pick up souvenirs, chocolates and island art for the envious folks you left back home!